Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumkin Beer Bread

 
This week I decided to try to make bread. As a child, I helped my mother make bread on a fairly regular basis. I remember how that fresh baked bread smelled and tasted, still warm from the oven. It didn't even need any butter! I also remember the time it took to make it, mixing the dough, letting it rise, punching it down, letting it rise again, kneading it, and finally baking it. So, I procrastinated..

Then I heard of beer bread! Beer bread, you say? I like bread and beer, so I looked it up. No yeast? Really? No rising, no all day investment? This bread was for me! I found what looked like an easy recipe, and decided to tackle it! 6 ingredients, all of which I had on hand! I didn't want to use just any beer, and went with a Pumpkin Ale.


Here is the recipe I used from Food.com. I would definitely recommend it! I used the full 1/2 cup of butter, put half in my pan 
before I put in the dough, and half 
on top. The bottom crust was crispy,
almost like it was fried. Most of the 
butter ran out onto my counter when
I toppled the bread onto the rack to
cool, so I will definitely go with 1/4
cup next time.






My bread came out fantastic... crunchy on the outside, and moist and dense on the inside. I was so excited, I wanted to make another right away! And, it only took a little over an hour to make! I think I'll use and apple beer next time. Maybe I'll add some nuts, raisins and cinnamon.... MMMM... Sounds yummy!

Let me know if you try this recipe, and how it comes out!
Thanks for reading!
Claudia

1 comment:

  1. I have to go buy Pumpkin Beer now.... I will definitely try it!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete