Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday - Guitar Picks

OK, this is my first attempt at a tutorial... not sure about posting pics, but I will learn as I go! Hubby should be home soon, for technical support if needed! Great with the crafts, but I suck on the computer!




Who doesn't know someone who plays guitar? I know I know several people... These picks can be made from gift cards or credit cards, I have seen them made from yogurt cups, or one of my favorites, from those little bookmarks your kids get with their school pictures...What a great gift for Father's Day, a guitar pic with his child's picture on it!

For my tutorial, I used an Applebee's gift card, but you can use whatever you have on hand!

For this project you will need :

Gift Card, Credit Card or other stiff Plastic Item
Sharp Scissors
Marker
Guitar Pick
Emery Board, or fine Sandpaper
Alcohol
Paper Towels



Using your marker, trace the shape of the pick onto the Gift Card. Pay attention to the picture on the card, and make sure the best part is centered under your pick.  The pick I used was slightly transparent, making this part easy.
Using your sharp scissors, cut on the lines you just drew. Don't worry about the marker showing, we will take care of that later.
This is what it will look like when you are finished.
Next, use rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to remove the marker. This should also remove marker from your original pick that you used for your pattern.
Next use your emery board or fine sand paper to smooth the edges. The following pic was after the emery board, but I found the edges a little rough, and used the fine sandpaper after.
So, there you have it! Four guitar picks made from a gift card! This was a fairly thick gift card, and my son loves these! If you have someone who likes a softer pick, simply use a thinner piece of plastic.

Hope this gets you crafting! It is a simple easy starter project, and I had all supplies already on hand!

Thanks for reading my blog!
Crafty Claudia

P.S. I did it by myself. hubby isn't even home! Posting the pics was easier than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment