Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Blanket

My new grandson finally arrived! Both mom and baby are doing well. He is beautiful, and I am ecstatic to add another to the family.

While we're waiting, my daughter tackled another project.  She made a baby blanket. I have to say, she did a great job, and it was very inexpensive! I didn't think to take pics, so I only have one of the finished product, but it was super easy!

We found this great flannel plaid on clearance for $1.50/yd. We also purchased the black quilted fabric for $5.99/yd. We already had the white thread, and she used that for accent. She made it the same way as the burp cloths, except we left a larger opening for turning.  This method worked well for this size blanket, but I am not sure I would recommend it for a larger one. 

So, total cost, under $7.00 and a little over an hour, not sure, because we stopped to talk ... a lot.
 
Thanks for reading my blog...
Happy Crafting!
Crafty Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment