Saturday, August 25, 2012

T-shirt Tank Top

Here's another quick and easy project I did, with just a T shirt and a pair of scissors. I was in a hurry to get it finished and in the mail, so I didn't take a lot of pics, but here are the directions, and the finished product.

This was a mens extra large, with design only on the front. It could be made with a smaller shirt, but I was making it as a maternity shirt for my daughter.

Cut around neckline, to make a scoop in front and back. Cut off the sleeves, making the shoulders as wide or narrow as you like. Cut the hem off the bottom of the shirt, and then cut a narrow string from the shirt, where you just cut off the hem. This should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide.. Gather the back, between the sleeve holes and wrap the string around several times. Tie a knot. I put my knot on the inside so it wouldn't show, but you could leave it on the outside, and make a bow. 

My daughter loved this one, because it was big enough to go over her big baby belly. She says she can't wait to wear it as a beach cover-up, over her bikini, later, or as a regular shirt, over a tank.


This one get a big DONE! Save Ferris!

Thanks for reading!
Happy crafting!
Crafty Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment